10 Beauty-centric gifts for the moms in your life!Read More
Yes, it is a bit of a mouthful, but like most K-Beauty products, the longer name signifies all the good stuff it does...or is supposed to do.
I've been using this moisturizer for about a year now, and I love it enough to share it with the world! It's light enough for the stiflingly hot summers here in NY, and paired with the ever-revolving arsenal in my skincare regimen, it also does a wonderful job in the cold winter!
- This cream is made up of a whopping 70% snail slime (er, "mucin" to be precise) but it's not gooey or slimy to the touch. It actually glides on super-easily and absorbs into the skin very well (although I wouldn't recommend putting makeup over it immediately; you'll need to give it a good 5 minutes or so to sink in.)
- Why snails? Well, apparently snail slime contains tons of wonderful peptides, elastins, and the big buzz-word in skincare these days: Hyaluronic Acid. All these magical ingredients are thought to smooth out fine lines and brighten your complexion. I have lots of scarring on parts of my face, from a lifetime spent battling teenage acne. Part of why I love this product is because I feel it certainly has helped even out my skin tone, as well as brighten my complexion overall.
- It has a rather strong cucumber scent (probably to mask the smell of the alcohol.)
- Wait! Alcohol?! That's terrible for your skin! Well...yes and no. Although my parched skin and I tend to run away from products with alcohol in them, from what I can tell, it REALLY depends on the type of alcohol, the amount of it in the product (in comparison to the rest of the ingredients,) and what those ingredients are...and a whole host of other stuff that I can't explain because I'm no authority on this. I just know what feels great on my skin, and what doesn't make me break out! I assume with a product comprised mainly of snail goo, the alcohol probably just helps it dry a bit so that you're not left feeling sticky all day?
- I use it in the day and in the evening as the final step in my skincare routine, but you can also apply a heavier moisturizer afterwards, if you need to, or a sleep pack. The sleep pack I use is from the same product line "Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask." As for a heavier moisturizer, I find that my skin gets extra dry during the changing of the seasons, or after a flight. I'm *about* to try a new nighttime one I'm really excited for, which is en route to me right now. Stay tuned; if I love it I'll certainly share it with you!
- Yes, the picture is legit. I really DO buy these 3 at a time! If you're interested in trying this moisturizer, it can be found on the Missha website, at SokoGlam and even at Target! TIP: Check all the sites; I find that Missha US usually runs excellent deals, where they will throw in a bunch of other products to try once you hit a minimum $ amount, or even full-size products that complement what you're buying.
Does the mention of snail slime ignite your curiosity, or repulse you? Have you tried this? Do you have an even better product to recommend?! Leave me a comment below and let me know your thoughts!
*N.B. Like all the products I recommend in Posh Beauty, I don't receive any form of compensation from these brands or websites. This is truly what I use, and how I feel about the products I'm sharing with you!